5th Annual EHTEL Symposium 2013 "Sustainable Partnerships for Well-being and eHealth"
The yearly EHTEL 2013 Symposium convened once more the European eHealth community - European health policy leaders, strategic European projects and initiatives, NGOs, industry representatives and other stakeholders - in the heart of Brussels, Belgium. As of 10 December, all presentations and multimedia content is ready for online access and download (just click on the picture below to access download area).
Speakers, panellists and delegates shared lessons on:
- Citizens and patients in the driving seat: online interaction with healthcare services, access to health records and putting meaningful eHealth services in patients' hands;
- Partnerships in health care and social care as a sustainable support for ageing well;
- Synergies of value added services and shared infrastructures for sustainable health care;
- "open data" vs. "big data": implications for personal health and public health policies;
- Personalised medicine in the era of big data, e.g. what is in for tailored prevention and what do we need to achieve to maintain privacy and security?
The EHTEL 2013 Symposium was hosted by the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC). The EESC is a consultative body that gives representatives of Europe's socio-occupational interest groups, and others, a formal platform to express their points of views on EU issues. Its opinions are forwarded to the larger institutions - the Council, the Commission and the European Parliament. It thus has a key role to play in the Union's decision-making process. To learn more go to eesc.europa.eu.
For any questions please contact:
rue de Trèves 49-51
B-1040 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32 2 230 1534
Fax: +32 2 230 8440