EHTEL: the European eHealth Stakeholder Platform
EHTEL (the European Health Telematics Association) is a unique pan-European multidisciplinary stakeholder platform, bringing together organisations and individuals engaged in all aspects of eHealth.
EHTEL’s distinctive structure enables the exchange of ideas, opportunities and knowledge with a community of 5,000 digital health and care experts and innovators. It does that through webinars and projects, leading to innovation in the delivery of eHealth solutions and the transformation of health and social care.
The association is well placed, in the heart of Europe, to bring together the voices of European stakeholder groups, and provide concrete insights into European policy.
EHTEL does not lobby on behalf of specific stakeholder groups but rather facilitates interaction between all of them.
EHTEL’s growing membership includes more than 50 organisations from all relevant stakeholder groups. The multiple interests and viewpoints of its members enables EHTEL to take a uniquely holistic approach on the implementation of eHealth solutions. Read what EHTEL members have to say about what their membership offers them.
EHTEL adds value by identifying topics and opportunities for engagement for its members and creating synergies between them, as well as building relationships between European projects, Digital Innovation Hubs and Reference Repositories.
EHTEL collaborates closely with European associations representing hospitals, health insurers, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, patients and citizens, as well as with professional associations dedicated to the quality and certification of care processes and eHealth services.
EHTEL has been greatly motivated by the impact and implications of public health emergencies – like the COVID-19 pandemic – to provide expert advice to Member States on creating national digital health strategies to manage European countries’ resilience and recovery.
EHTEL works to
- Support European initiatives and policies aimed at increasing the community of players in eHealth in Europe. EHTEL collects and distils the voices of its members through position papers or White Papers, factsheets and publications.
- Provide expert advice, educational services, and insights on the latest regulatory, strategic, and business-oriented developments in the field of digital healthcare, tailored to individual organisation’s needs: the EHTELconnect service.
- Support European co-funded projects in developing new knowledge and a comprehensive understanding of the challenges and opportunities involved in the deployment of eHealth services in health and social care.
- Provide a networking platform where stakeholders from all sorts of backgrounds can discuss common challenges, explore new solutions, and share information, experiences, and lessons learned.
EHTEL offers educational and networking opportunities to its members
- The EHTEL Symposium brings together each year members, friends, supporters and guests of EHTEL to discuss their successes and challenges and explore the newest trends in digital health in Europe.
- Webinars on current and emerging topics in Digital Health like Artificial Intelligence, Interoperability, Health Data Spaces, Hybrid Care, and many more.
What EHTEL is building towards
Since its launch in 1999, EHTEL and its members have reflected on the challenges and opportunities of a digital society. But EHTEL hasn’t just been about technology, it has always been about people.
EHTEL nurtures a community of loyal and supportive members and friends, committed to sharing their competences, expertise, and knowledge, and collaborating to improve digital health services.
Today, there has never been a more crucial time for health and social care stakeholders to engage with each other to shape and influence emerging models of healthcare delivery!
Do you want to become an active participant in the EHTEL movement?