Scaling Integrated Care in Context
A growing number of sites around Europe are focused on integrated care, either bringing health and care together or ensuring that different levels of healthcare are better connected.
Yet the sites can still be faced with several challenges:
- How to mature an initiative and scale it up?
- How to know how well the site is doing?
- How to know what to do next?
- How to know what other good practice examples exist around the Union?
The project explored how matching the complementary strengths and weaknesses of regions can deliver two major benefits:
- A strong basis for successful twinning and coaching that facilitates shared learning.
- A practical support for the scaling-up of good practices that promote active and healthy ageing and participation in the community.
Additionally, policy-makers and decision-makers can use the SCIROCCO Self-assessment Tool to track the progress made by their own region/country, and to compare the maturity levels of different nations, regions, authorities, or sites.
EHTEL focused on two main areas of activity within the SCIROCCO project, which include the dissemination and exploitation of the project’s outcomes, and of the Maturity Model.
EHTEL was responsible for the website, educational activities, and material on the project and its outcomes.
EHTEL led the work on SCIROCCO's Policy Advisory Board, that provided meaningful inputs to European policy directions for the years 2019-2020.
EHTEL's role in the SCIROCCO project allowed EHTEL Members to learn in depth about integrated care and active-healthy ageing. EHTEL members also had access to the Self-assessment tool to improve their own integrated care activities.
Towards the future
EHTEL members are encouraged to use the SCIROCCO model and tool to assess their organisation’s own readiness for scaling-up integrated care.
SCIROCCO can be of especial use to regions throughout Europe. For this reason, EHTEL has worked with the Reference Sites Coordination Network, SCIROCCO, and the EIP on AHA Blueprint to trial the application of the SCIROCCO model in workshops.
- Watch all webinars on the SCIROCCO project here.
under Grant Agreement No. 710033 (CHAFEA)
***For more information visit the project website***