EHTEL member, the NHS National Health Services Scotland, has approached us with a request to expand Scotland’s knowledge of what is happening internationally in breast cancer screening. The deadline for your response is 16 September, 2022.
The Scottish NHS National Screening Oversight team is working on a new Breast Screening Modernisation programme.
Scotland announced its planning on 24th May 2022: the 17 potential recommendations cover how to handle invitations for screening; where best to locate screening; frequency, convenience, and user-friendliness of screening; modernisation of the programme (e.g., through use of artificial intelligence); and the use of data and handling of data reporting).
As part of this work, the team would like to learn more about international approaches to Breast Cancer Screening Programmes.
The team would be grateful if you could take the time to respond to the nine simple questions in this Google form. The team is keen for both regions and countries to respond.
The questions should only take you 5-minutes to complete. Please respond by 16 September 2022.
The questions in the Google Form are set out below for your convenience.
- Is the Breast Cancer Screening Programme organised as a National or a Regional programme?
- At what locations do citizens receive Breast Cancer Screening?
- If a Screening Programme is in place, is it delivered in partnership with commercial partners?
- What is the age range for asymptomatic citizens receiving population-based Breast Cancer Screening?
- What is the usual screening interval for population-based screening?
- Is Breast Cancer Screening available for symptomatic citizens (women and men) on referral by a physician?
- Is data on the uptake of Breast Cancer Screening available?
- How are citizens invited to participate in the Breast Cancer Screening Programme?
- What are the priorities for your Breast Cancer Screening service over the next 5 years?
- Do not have knowledge about your national/regional screening programme, please forward this request to a relevant organisation/contact within your region that might be able to respond.
- Know that you do not have a Breast Cancer Screening service in your country / region, please let our Scottish colleagues know.
Click here to answer the survey.
Contact person for the survey: Nessa.Barry@nhs.scot.