On 10 April 2018 in Brussels, the European Commission launched the Innovation Radar platform to help develop a dynamic ecosystem of incubators, entrepreneurs, funding agencies, and investors that can get EU-funded innovations to market faster. The key is to encourage projects to be as market-ready as possible.
The launch of the platform was very welcomed by EHTEL. At the event, the Momentum project coordinated by EHTEL between 2012 and 2015 was recognized as a "key innovator” among around 400 projects.
EC Innovation Radar
John Crawford, then EHTEL President, stated: "EHTEL is very proud of this recognition, which pays tribute to the innovative and ground-breaking work done by its members and aligned organisations. We are pleased to be part of this continent-wide effort to show citizens the many excellent technological and scientific advances delivered by innovators around Europe. EHTEL is exploring how to facilitate Momentum to go further and encourage even more organisations to be market-ready."
Momentum is a collaborative tool for guiding stakeholders in scaling-up digital services. EHTEL and EHTELconnect used the Momentum tool to assist the Scottish Government's national Technology Enabled Care programme to identify the country's state-of-readiness for digital health and care.
The EHTEL Members active in Momentum were:
- NHS 24 - the Scottish Centre for Telehealth
- Norwegian Centre for E-health Research
- Odense University Hospital
- International Association of Mutual Benefit Societies (AIM)
- Read and download the full press-release in the resources section below
- Find more information on the European Commission’s Innovator Radar
- Find more information on the Momentum project
EHTEL Members involved