In 2019, EHTEL’s annual event went local, stepping outside the "Brussels bubble" to take place for the first time in beautiful Barcelona.
The event hosted some 120 participants who gathered together contributing to the latest explorations of what’s coming up digitally in European health and care.
It raised key questions such as how can people and patients benefit from a fair health and care data economy.
It produced amazing insights into health data gathering, artificial intelligence, and machine learning, and put in the spotlight impressive innovations occurring in several European countries.
Did you miss the EHTEL 2019 Symposium? Do you want to revisit insightful outcomes from the Symposium?
What happened during EHTEL 2019 Symposium?
- European and international thought leaders discussed the latest developments that will enhance and improve European’s health and care through good, fair, and sustainable uses of data.
- We learned about great achievements in the combined fields of health and care.
- We explore how Artificial Intelligence could represent the next frontier in the health and care.
- We had a look at the future from a multi-stakeholder perspective getting together with a mix of people working on digital in health and care.
- We met a large number of colleagues from health and care associations, health providers, patient groups, payers and insurers, technology firms, academic and research backgrounds, and civic society.
- We visited one of Europe’s most interesting locations for digital health and care in action, Barcelona
- We heard from many local Catalonian leading experts about their achievements, experiences, and challenges.
- We lived all these experiences in a national and European context.
Want to see with your eyes and listen with your hears? See all the Symposium videos!
About the Symposium
🗺️The Symposium consisted of:
- An I2m Satellite Session (2 December)
- A Networking Buffet (2 December)
- Plenary session (3-4 December)
- An EHTEL 20th Anniversary & Symposium Gala Dinner (3 December)
The Symposium took place in Barcelona, on 3-4 December 2019.
|More practical information|
Explore together exciting and challenging digital health and care futures based around:
- Artificial intelligence (AI): the next frontier.
- AI-friendly environments.
- Big data, machine learning, natural language processing.
- Data donation/data sharing in health and care.
- Fair data economy.
- Meaningfulness and smartness in data-sharing and in electronic health records.
- Social robots and AI.
- Took place over two days.
- Focused on imagining ten years ahead in health and care - 2029.
- Had at its core the three priorities of digital transformation in health and care: Citizens’ secure access; Better data; Citizens’ empowerment.
- Celebrated 20 years of thought leadership on digital health in Europe.
- Had around 120 attendees, many with digital expertise, from everywhere in Europe and from every stakeholder group involved in digital transformation
Open & Download the document with all speakers biographies
The programme – an overview
|Download the full programme|
Before the Symposium
1. I2M The Satellite Session
The I2M Satellite Session took place in the Barcelona Health Hub Headquarters.
2. The Webinar
|More about the Webinar|