In 2019, EHTEL’s annual event went local, stepping outside the "Brussels bubble" to take place for the first time in beautiful Barcelona.
The event hosted some 120 participants who gathered together contributing to the latest explorations of what’s coming up digitally in European health and care.
It raised key questions such as how can people and patients benefit from a fair health and care data economy.
It produced amazing insights into health data gathering, artificial intelligence, and machine learning, and put in the spotlight impressive innovations occurring in several European countries.
You weren’t able to attend the full event? Or you would like to revisit the event and its outcomes?
Find all the presentations of the Symposium sessions as downloadable resources at the bottom of this page.
Have a look at the pictures that we have uploaded on our Media page.
Did you miss EHTEL 2019 Symposium?
EHTEL 2019 Symposium: What Will You Get?
- Discuss with European and international thought leaders the latest developments that will enhance and improve European’s health and care through good, fair, and sustainable uses of data.
- Learn about great achievements in the combined fields of health and care.
- Explore how Artificial Intelligence could represent the next frontier in the health and care.
- Look at the future from a multi-stakeholder perspective. Get together with a mix of people working on digital in health and care.
- Be one of a large number of colleagues from health and care associations, health providers, patient groups, payers and insurers, technology firms, academic and research backgrounds, and civic society.
- Come to one of Europe’s most interesting locations for digital health and care in action: Barcelona
- Hear from many local Catalonian leading experts about their achievements, experiences, and challenges.
- Place these experiences in a national and European context.
About the Symposium
🗺️The Symposium consists of:
- An I2m Satellite Session (2 December)
- A Networking Buffet (2 December)
- Plenary session (3-4 December)
- An EHTEL 20th Anniversary & Symposium Gala Dinner (3 December)
The Symposium will take place in Barcelona, on 3-4 December 2019.
|More practical information|
Explore together exciting and challenging digital health and care futures based around:
- Artificial intelligence (AI): the next frontier.
- AI-friendly environments.
- Big data, machine learning, natural language processing.
- Data donation/data sharing in health and care.
- Fair data economy.
- Meaningfulness and smartness in data-sharing and in electronic health records.
- Social robots and AI.
- Takes place over two days.
- Focuses on imagining ten years ahead in health and care - 2029.
- Has at its core the three priorities of digital transformation in health and care: Citizens’ secure access; Better data; Citizens’ empowerment.
- Celebrates 20 years of thought leadership on digital health in Europe.
- Will have around 150 attendees, many with digital expertise, from everywhere in Europe and from every stakeholder group involved in digital transformation
Open & Download the document with all speakers biographies
The programme – an overview
|Download the full programme|
Before the Symposium
1. I2M The Satellite Session
The I2M Satellite Session will take place in the Barcelona Health Hub Headquarters.
2. The Webinar
|More about the Webinar|
After the Symposium: resources